Chicago- November 2010

This Fall I had an awesome opportunity to travel to Chicago for a competition with school. I also got a great end of the deal because I was just part of the competition team, and not a competitor, so the trip was pretty stress-free. But that's all just background information and also an excuse for not being able to experience that much of the city. Overall, I liked the city a lot and am looking forward to going back! (Maybe warm weather next time?...)

We stayed at the Hotel Allegro which is part of the Kimpton chain, and I highly recommend the hotel! The rooms were gorgeous, good location and they had free coffee and wine. I also got a great tip from my mom that if you sign up for Kimpton rewards you get free internet and $10 towards the mini-bar....nice.


For dinners we ate at Kinzie Chop House, which was awesome! Before you order your steak they walk around with a tray of the raw meats and you pick your cut. Below is the prime rib I ordered, which was quickly devoured.

We also ate at Le Colonial. Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures because the decor of Le Colonial was gorgeous. Food was also good too :)

And fear not, I also tried Chicago deep dish pizza at Giordano's. After eating 1.5 slices and a short cab ride, I was feeling a bit queasy. I'm glad I tried it, but give me New York thin crust any day!

Since we were busy at the competition most of the time, we didn't get to see much of the city although we did walk down the Magnificent Mile and check out Millenium Park. I dig the bean!

No comments:

Post a Comment