Caribbean Cruise- December 2010

Normally my family tries to get together for a week at the beach to reconnect and spend quality time together. Unfortunately, Jared and I ruined that this year with our Costa Rica trip- oops! So instead, we went on a cruise. Win-win-win.

We took a Royal Caribbean cruise on the Navigator of the Seas and it was great! I think a cruise is a pretty ideal group vacation when you have a group that spans generations. My grandmother enjoyed herself just as much I did, and if my toddler nephew's favorite word wasn't 'no,' I think he'd say the same. We went to Grand Cayman and Cozumel, which were both beautiful. I had previously been to Grand Cayman and experienced Sting Ray City (where you wade around with sting rays) and since I kind of freaked out, I figured I could skip that. Then in Cozumel, I offered to babysit my nephew while the others went snorkeling. (Best aunt ever?) So, I didn't really take full advantage of all the destinations had to offer, but that was fine with me. My primary goal of the trip was rest and relaxation.



The ship was huge and really nice and new. Food was great, spa and gym were amazing and the entertainment was hit-or-miss. Some shows were just geared towards a younger audience and others were just pretty kitschy. The ballroom dancing show was amazing though!

Here are some of the activity highlights:

Krystle singing karaoke

Bobby doing the belly-flop contest

This guy doing the belly flop contest

Buela listening to Christmas Carols

Gail and Elijah playing in the sand in Cozumel

Midnight buffets and dance parties

Rock-climbing 14 stories above the ocean- awesome


Family dinners :)

And here are just some nice pictures from the trip

Double rainbow from the ship

Me in Grand Cayman- gorgeous water!

Jet-skier in Cozumel- also gorgeous waters

The beach we went to in Cozumel- pretty much an inflatable playground. The ten year old in me was dying climb the floaty iceberg.

No comments:

Post a Comment