Venice (2006)

Sleep
Can't recommend, because I don't remember. In fact, I think I consciously forgot our hostel/hotel because it was ridiculously expensive and had bedbugs. I refer you, yet again to tripadvisor. Keep in mind that Venice is pretty pricey. The one perk of the place is that it had a kitchen, hence no dining recommendations for Venice.

Do
I recommend a visit to the island of Murano. Murano is where all of the gorgeous and ubiquitous Venetian glass jewelry and art is made. Definitely pick up some shiny souvenirs!

Glass makers in Murano

St. Mark's Basilica and Piazza San Marco - The church is beautiful and the square is great for people watching.

Venice is best seen from the water. It's fun to wander throughout the streets and alleys, but once you tire of getting lost, then take a water taxi around Venice to enjoy the city at its best.

St. Mark's Basilica from the water

The Rialto Bridge



We happened to be in town during a regatta!

No comments:

Post a Comment