Cinque Terre (2006)

Cinque Terre is comprised of five cliff-side villages linked by a 13k hiking trail. Due to the small size of the towns, I don't have any particular recommendations for accommodations or restaurants. I'd pick where to stay based on tripadvisor reviews. I suppose my one recommendation would be to stay in either Monterosso or Riomaggiore. That way, in terms of the hike, you're already well situated to begin the hike at one end, and then you can just take the local train back.

And you'll likely do well with dining. The house wine offered at restuarants is excellent across Italy, and of course, food always tastes better while dining with views of the sea. :) Below is an assortment of pictures of the villages and views along the hike.















1 comment:

  1. Wear comfortable shoes on the hike! It might seem east at first, but when the trail stops being paved and goes up the side of the cliffs, flip flops are not the way to go (a lesson I learned painfully).

    ReplyDelete