Nice (2006)

Sleep
Backpacker's Chez Patrick - This hostel was pretty nice.. the location in Nice's city center, as opposed to near the beach, was fine. We really only had one qualm with Chez Patrick.

One of the cleaning staff left an interior-facing window open. Well, outside the window, it turns out, was a puddle of standing water...aka, mosquito breeding ground. So, one night while I slept peacefully, Jared endured a silent mosquito ambush and woke up with literally dozens of huge mosquito bites all over. I emerged unscathed. (I guess he tastes sweeter than me?) The next day then turned into the Mosquito massacre...Jared and I climbing on every piece of furniture, annihilating mosquitoes with our flip-flops. I think that Jared still has nightmares about the events that unfolded in Nice...

Eat
Chez Rene Socca - This was a great local joint, and I'm so glad we went. While dining on outdoor picnic tables, you can enjoy local specialties like stuffed zucchini flowers, tortas, and of course socca, the Nice chick-pea delicacy.


Also, pack a beach picnic with goodies from the fruit and vegatable market.


Do
Relax on the beach!

Jared loved the pebble beaches

The beach right before a storm

I forget the name of this...it's a pretty park on a hill at the eastern end of Nice

No comments:

Post a Comment