Prague (2006)
Sleep
Hostel Tyn - We stayed here because it was highly recommended by guidebooks, however, I don't particularly recommend it. The location was nice, but other than that I would just describe it as..Soviet-style accommodations.
Eat/Drink
We ate at some random places in Prague, mostly because we were traveling with some friends while there. My overall recommendation is walk beyond the old town (Stare Mesto) to find cheaper and better grub.
We did have a very interesting drinking experience though! U Zlateho Tygra was described in our guide book as the only authentic Czech pub left in Stare Mesto. It was certainly different than everywhere else we had been drinking! Jared and I were the only customers under the age of 50 and without handlebar mustaches and sideburns. Don't ask for a menu. A waitress just walks around with mugs of beer and tallies them on your communal table's paper tablecloth. Have fun and bone up on your Czech drinking songs. Also, BYO cigar/pipe.
See
Prague has some absolutely gorgeous architecture. Definitely walk around Stare Mesto, venture across the Charles Bridge and visit the Prague Castle. I recommend climbing to the top of the Cathedral where you'll find unparalleled city views.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment