

Okay, I'll admit. The Amsterdam post is somewhat...lacking. It was our final stop on Euro-trip 1 and we were exhausted and Jared had pink-eye (I'll spare you a photo). I can tell you that we had great food and the canals are very charming. We were museumed-out, but I've heard the Rijksmuseum is nice. Instead of seeing precious art and culture we went to the...(drumroll please...):
Sexmuseum - Mostly creepy, but it seemed like a fitting activity for Amsterdam, no? At the risk of having my blog contain some sort of censorship warning, that will be the extent of my comments on the Sexmuseum.
Heineken Experience - Pay to be brainwashed by Heineken's advertising department! At the end of walking through and watching an hour of Heineken commercials, you are rewarded for your troubles with beer.

Sleep
Bulldog Hotel - Hmm.. how would I describe the Bulldog? It's a hostel that's part of a 'coffee shop' located in the Red Light district. Its patrons are primarily high-schoolers looking for that unique Amsterdam experience. Yes, that about sums it up quite nicely.
Eat
Due to the Netherlands' colonial history, Amsterdam has amazing Indonesian food. We liked Sukasari. Also, be sure to try some frites, aka fries, and pancakes.


No comments:
Post a Comment